Thursday, October 22, 2020

Thursday, Oct. 22

 Hello Friends and Family,

For the last few days we have been learning about how living things survive the winter season.  Ask me about the three different ways animals survive, and which animals do what.  We have also been learning about Bison, and how they have adapted to survive the prairies, and why they were important to the Blackfoot People.

We met our our Blackfoot Elder, Sa'a Ko Ko To at the Bison statue in the Coulee, and he taught us more about the Bison today and how the Blackfoot peoples of the past used Bison to survive.  We also learned what Bison are called in Blackfoot (I' ni) Ask me what I learned!



We also had our first Roots of Empathy lesson with Mrs. Martens today!  Ask me if I remember our babies' names (Thompson and Nixon). Today's lesson was about making predictions about what milestones our babies might be at.



Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment