Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Wed. Jan 13

 Hello Friends and Families,

Today we read The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires.  Ask me what the story was about and what lessons we learned from the main character (hint: perseverance!)




We have been talking about our Comfort Zone, Stretch Zone, and Panic Zone and how it is important for us to go outside of our Comfort Zone so that we can grow as people and learners.  See if I remember which Zone learning happens in!

Yesterday we had brainstormed some school goals, and today we chose one to focus on.  We started to come up with a plan on how we are going to achieve our goals!  We aren't finished with this work, but some kids shared what they had so far and we helped to give some suggestions on strategies they could include in their plan to achieve their goal.  Ask me about my goal and what strategies I have come up with so far in my plan.





In math we have begun learning about place value.  Ask me what I know about how the digits work to make up whole numbers.


Upcoming Peace Assembly:

Eric Harvie's next Peace Assembly is about feeling peaceful within ourselves.  We have been talking about finding a place where we feel good.  I am hoping to get a few pictures to add to our Peace Assembly.  Please note that if you send a picture it will be in the video attached to our school Youtube page.  What I am looking for: your child in a place that makes them feel good, feel at peace. It does not have to be a recent picture, it can be one from the past.  If you would like to participate, please email your photo to Jennele Coulson at jabaine@cbe.ab.ca.


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment